2 Large Sweet Potatoes (Organic is preferred)
Generous slug of Olive Oil
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbslp Paprika Powder
1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Heaped Tblsp Capers
3 Heaped Tablespoons Homemade Mayonnaise/Aioli
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Chop sweet potatoes into wedges and spread onto a roasting tray. Coat with olive oil, powdered turmeric, paprika and cayenne pepper (more or less cayenne pepper depending on your preference for heat) and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place tray into oven to roast for around 35 mins, or until crisping on the edges. Take them out and flip them over half way through so they cook evenly on both sides.
4. Once cooked, remove tray from oven and allow potato to cool.
5. Add potato, fresh dill and roughly chopped capers to a large bowl with a couple of good dollops (or as preferred) of homemade mayonnaise or aioli and gently mix until all of the potato is covered.
This salad is a great accompaniment for fish (salmon in particular) and is always a favourite at a BBQ with friends!