Oil pulling has been around for years, and has a vast array of health benefits – besides the obvious improvement in oral health. If you have been thinking about oil pulling, we urge you to give it a go. You can oil pull with most organic (preferably) cold pressed oils – we use coconut oil, however sesame has been proven to have the best oral benefit.
Oil pulling should be done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and for roughly 20 minutes – with a tablespoon of oil.
Swish the oil slowly around your mouth, ensuring you do not swallow any of the oil or the phlegm that it may bring up. When finished swishing the oil, spit out and discard, rinsing your mouth thoroughly with clean water.
Some oil pulling benefits include:
- Whiter & stronger teeth
- Clear, healthy gums – prevention of cavities, bad breath, bleeding gums & gingivitis
- Gentle detoxification – also helps with removal of heavy metals
- Improved energy levels
- Regulating & correcting hormone imbalances
- Treatment of headaches & migraines
- Decreased symptoms of many allergies
- Clearer skin – aids in treatment of acne & eczema
- Reduced inflammation in the body – aids symptoms of arthritis
- Improved sleep
- Reduction in symptoms of asthma, bronchial infections & sinus congestion
Give it a go – we would love to hear your experiences !