Lemons are a powerhouse of nutrition and, in my opinion, should be a staple in every household. Although a citrus and acidic in its natural form, once lemon has been metabolised by the body it becomes incredibly alkalising and naturally raises the body’s pH levels. Additional to providing a wonderful source of alkalinity to the body, it is incredibly rich in vitamin C and a great source of calcium, potassium, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, iron, and magnesium. Lemons also have very powerful anti-bacterial properties, making them useful in protecting the body against viral, bacterial and parasitic threats.
Every morning as soon as I rise and on an empty stomach, I drink a large glass of warm purified/filtered water with the juice of 1 fresh organic lemon, 1/2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.
Read health information on Apple Cider Vinegar, Cayenne Pepper, Cinnamon by clicking on the links.
Extra Health Benefits of Lemon:
- Lemon water in the morning helps to kickstart your body’s metabolism and aid’s digestion by stimulating the production of bile
- Flushes and detoxifies the liver by dissolving uric acid and liquifying overflow of bile
- Cleanses the urinary tract and helps to dissolve gall and kidney stones, as well as calcium deposits
- The potassium in lemon helps to strengthen blood vessels and control blood pressure
- The vitamin C in lemon boosts the body’s immune system and promotes healing in tissue and skin repair by creating collagen synthesis. Vitamin C also dramatically increases the absorption of non-heme iron
- As most people are aware, vitamin C is a very powerful antioxidant and helps the body to scavenge and stabilise free radicals, preventing cellular damage and disease
- Can help with weight loss by decreasing a ‘fatty liver’ and cutting through adipose and cellulite tissues. Lemon can also help to decease LDL (bad) cholesterol levels
- Improves alkalinity within the body which can help to prevent the onset of many diseases
- Lemons natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties help to fight off intestinal worms and parasites, as well as improving oral hygiene caused by bad bacteria