Did you know that bee pollen’s little golden grains are actually a complete food? They contain nearly all of the vital nutrients required by the human body to sustain life, perfectly packaged in a tiny floral, golden nugget! Bee pollen has been used and consumed by humans for centuries, and in recent times has been rediscovered as one of natures own powerful superfoods.
So, what makes bee pollen so ‘perfect‘? This baby-bee food is made up of roughly 40% protein, around half of which are free amino acids (ready to use proteins), contains essential fatty acids, vitamin C, B-complex, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, as well as folic acid. Bee pollen has been suggested to successfully aid in the following health circumstances:
- Allergies & hay fever
- Circulation, as well as the formation of new blood & improving hemoglobin levels
- Weight loss
- Improves energy levels
- Improves ovarian function & fertility
- Supports & improves the immune system to help prevent infectious diseases
- Prostate problems & impotency
- Radiation eradication
- Reduces triglyceride & LDL (bad cholesterol) levels, & increases HDL (good cholesterol)
- Internal & external rejuvenation at a cellular level to give you a glowing complexion!
As well as improving endurance, stamina, vitality and longevity, bee pollen is also thought to have anti-cancer properties. It really is a superfood! You can find bee pollen at your local health food store – make sure you buy as local as possible, as it will be in tune with your surrounding environment and climate. You can take bee pollen on its own with water, or you can add it to smoothies, salads, sweet toast toppings and muesli.